Sunday, March 3, 2013

Light And Fluffy Carrot Cake

I'm not really a huge fan of dense cakes. I always oft to a light and fluffy version, and I always change the recipe to make it healthier. Most of the time I also decrease the sugar as much as possible.

Carrot cake is one of my husband's favorite. And I have tried lots of recipe and have made lots of versions that I could.

The one that I will share now uses yogurt instead of milk and I also increased the yogurt and have lessened the oil called for the recipe that I found. I also don't frost my cake if there is no occasion so feel free to frost it with your favorite frosting.

Ingredient:

3 medium carrots shredded
2 cups flour
1 cup oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup yogurt
4 eggs
1tsp vanilla
1 tbsp cinnamon powder



Procedure:

1. Sift the all purpose flour 3 times and mix it with the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.

2. Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, maybe 3-5 minutes until the color turns light yellow. Then add the oil, yogurt and vanilla and beat again for 2 minutes. Add the flour and beat until well incorporated, don't overbeat or your cake will turn out rubbery or rustic-it happened to me. Once it is well incorporated fold in the carrots using your spatula.

3. Bake in a greased 9"x13" pan in a preheated 350 F oven for 40 minutes. Cool and frost with your favorite frosting.


No comments:

Post a Comment