Monday, April 29, 2013

Lumpia Shanghai/ Beef Spring Roll

I love spring rolls, the usual fillings I used are vegetables, bananas, but today I decided that I will fill it with beef using the recipe my mom gave for home made skinless longanisa or sweetened beef sausage. My two kids are big fan of vegetable and it is difficult to feed them with chicken or beef meat so I have to explore the possibilities of feeding them protein rich foods. This is my recipe:

1/2 kilo ground beef
1 medium size onion diced thinly
1 garlic bulb shredded finely
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt or more according to your preference
2 eggs
3 tbsp soy sauce

Spring roll wrapper
Oil for frying

1. Mix all of the ingredients and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
2. Wrap the meat mixture using the spring roll wrapper and seal with egg wash or water. I suggest to use only a teaspoonful of meat for each spring roll wrapper and roll it thinly to make sure the meat gets cooked inside.
3. Deep fry the spring roll until golden brown.

We made 20 pcs of spring rolls this afternoon and they ate it for snacks. There are still left over meat which I placed in the chiller, that I can turn into skinless longanisa or sausage for our breakfast tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment