Sunday, December 22, 2013

Carrot Cake

I've tried so many carrot cake recipes but my 5 year old daughter who doesn't eat carrot cake said to m this time: " please forget the old carrot cake recipe you have, I like this one", and she ate the carrot cake and asked for morehhh.
This carrot cake dis light and fluffy enough, but moist anriceh flavored. I like the way the raisin gave that extra kick of flavor when it got soaked in the grated carrot mixture. Next time I might add more apple too, for extra nutrition. :-)  I don't know what got into me when I added ginger powder, but before I baked this cake I was craving for some ginger cake, but I couldn't find molasses here in Saudbi Arabia so I have to resort to this. Nonetheless it satisfied my craving for that holiday cake.V

Carrot Cake Recipe

2 1/2 cups flour sifted
1 1/2 C. Sugar
3 medium carrots grated
1 apple grated
1 cup raisins
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger powder
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon extract
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup yogurt
1 cup oil
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 360 F

1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger powder and 1 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.

2. Stir grated carrots, apple, raisin, remaining cinnamon, vanilla extract, lemon extract, and 3 tbsp brown sugar. Set aside.

2. Beat the eggs, and sugar for 3 minutes, add yogurt and oil and continue beating for 2 more minutes. Slowly add the flour mixture until batter is well mixed and smooth, then fold in (no. 2) carrot mixture.

3. Bake in a well greased baking pan, I usually butter my stainless pan and place waxed paper/ parchment  and butter again before I pour the cake batter. baking time is 30-40 minutes.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment